Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Day of the New Year!!!!

Seven months ago, I closed on the property at 242 N. Russell Street. There is no stopping us now. The transformations are obvious. The interest and attention has been so appreciated and interesting. The wait is almost over. The end result is amazing. With the temperatures hovering around the 20-30 degree mark, the guys are working on the inside. The floor molding is quickly going up so the electricians can complete the hook-up of the baseboard electrical outlets. Painters are finishing up primer coats on the walls, doors, and staircase. Travis and the guys are installing bead board in the lower master bath. Tile is being installed from the baths to the kitchen. Cabinets, now the gray color has been selected are being installed this Monday. Plumbing fixtures are due in the next couple of weeks to finish off the baths and kitchen. The decision was made to leave the island in the cherry finish with the counter surface to be a black granite. Under the gray cabinets, I am 99% on board with my original desire for white carrara marble. Under some conflicting arguments against the white marble, I still feel it in my gut to do what I want to do. It is amazing what information you can obtain from blogs! Who would have thought you can type, "Why should I not use white carrara marble as my kitchen counter tops?" that it would yield so many responses and comments. It was very helpful and at this point, I will be visiting a supplier in Charlotte this Monday to look at white carrara marble as the choice for my kitchen counter tops. Travis has given me three choices for the wainscoting. Lots of details to follow as we narrow in on a finished project. Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments: